Free Starbucks Gift Cards – Just Ask How!
So that title obviously got you to look a little deeper – and that’s exactly how we gather a usability testing/feedback group here at Web Comm. Today we managed to do testing/feedback sessions for three websites with three small groups. We offered Starbucks gift cards for a couple groups and pizza, soda, bread sticks for the groups that came over lunchtime. It’s a lot easier to ask someone to fill out a three page questionnaire about a website over their lunch hour if you’re offering food and drink. We have two Starbucks locations on campus, so the gift cards are close-to-instant gratification. Besides feeding your test subjects, you can:
- Make the usability session fun by treating it like a web-based scavenger hunt
- Offer future incentives if they leave their email address so you can regularly poll them for feedback
- Make them feel comfortable – break out the office toys and let them put their feet up
- Don’t rush their reactions or feedback and always remind them that there is no wrong answer
- Make them feel valued – tell them how their feedback will help and let them know who the stakeholders are
How do you gather a usability/feedback army?
FIU Web Communications is a full service web team that provides support and consulting for departments at FIU. If you need help in implementing any of your web needs, please contact us.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing via rss feed or email to have future articles delivered to you.