Project Management: Clients & Kickoffs
The WebComm team is taking on new clients, new projects and new responsibilities in 2011, and we plan to do it all well. That’s why we have been searching for and researching the best practices for project management, client relations and successful project kickoff meetings. From reading articles in Smashing Magazine and HigherEd Blogs to team head-butting, we are developing a plan to work with our current clients and looking to see how we can expand our project management techniques to take on more clients – which we will be doing very soon. We’d like to share some links from our browser history during the process of planning, designing and meeting with clients over the past few weeks. Feel free to share your favorite articles, tools and websites as well.
Kickoff Meetings & Redesign:
- Kick-Off Meeting – Usability.gov
- Kick-Off Meeting Checklist – freshtilledsoil.com
- Kick Ass Kickoff Meetings – Part 1 – uie.com
- Kick Ass Kickoff Meetings – Part 2 – uie.com
- Redesign: Kick-off Meeting – clcweb.wordpress.com
- 5-Step Web Design Process – mlwebco.com
- Six Revisions – sixrevisions.com
Tools We Are Using / Exploring:
- Gomockingbird – an amazing wireframe builder
- Wirefy by Volkside – turn any website into wireframes using the bookmarklet
- Project Estimator by Astuteo – build your own custom project calculator
- Freedcamp – a free project management system
- Feng Office – web-based project management system
- activeCollab – another project management system
FIU Web Communications is a full service web team that provides support and consulting for departments at FIU. If you need help in implementing any of your web needs, please contact us.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing via rss feed or email to have future articles delivered to you.